Join us for our 2nd roundtable discussion of 2021 on the importance of responsible corporate management and best practices in the field. At this meeting, you will hear from two different experts sharing their professional experiences in the business world and facilitate a conversation on an important topic that impacts all of us as consumers, professionals, and global citizens. You will also have the unique opportunity to win a scholarship prize of up to $750 as part of your engagement in these sessions!
You must write an essay answering the question: "What is the number one corporate governance issue in your home country and how would you address it?"
- Your essay must be 900 words or less
- You don't need to submit an essay to attend this program, but you must attend at least one of the two sessions (second session date will be announced soon) in order to win the scholarship prize of either $750 for first place or $500 for second place - all made possible by the Harold S. Geneen Charitable Trust.
- You must submit your essay to Sara Huzar in PDF format at email@example.com by MONDAY, MAY 10TH, and include your name, contact information, field of study, university, and home country.
Our experts for the first meeting:
- Patrick Simonnet is a New York-based Managing Director and the Chief Audit Executive (CAE) of Bank of China for the USA. Patrick was previously the Global Head of Audit for Market Behavior & Conduct at Credit Suisse between 2014 and mid-2019. In this role, Patrick assumed global responsibility for the audit coverage of market conduct risk, including the related legal, compliance and regulatory programs and activities, including AML.
Patrick has enjoyed a long career within banking and financial services. He worked at at JPMorgan Chase & Co. in 2011-2014, where he was an Executive Director within their Internal Audit department for the Investment Bank and their regulatory change program consecutively. Originally from Paris, Patrick held a number of control and business roles with the Banque de France and the French Futures and Options Exchange and Clearing House (aka MATIF). Patrick also spent 12 years with Goldman Sachs in Paris, London, New York and Chicago, in various Operations, Finance & Technology and ultimately leading the Americas regional Audit program.
- Michel Perez is President of MAPI LLC, a consulting firm specialized in financial compliance and is a consultant to Promontory Financial Group. He is also the Representative in the United States of Labex ReFi, (“Laboratoire d’Excellence en Regulation Financiere”) an Academic European Research Center on Financial Regulation and a Senior Fellow at New York University Law School in the Program on Corporate Compliance & Enforcement ("PCCE"), a member of ACAMS Faculty, an adjunct member of the European Affairs Commission of the New York City Bar Association and a JD candidate at the University of Paris I Sorbonne Pantheon and a former Compliance Consultant for Promontory Financial Group. The topic of his dissertation is American Influence on the Fight Against Corruption. He teaches classes on Compliance in New York and Paris. Prior to joining Promontory, he worked in international banking for more than two decades.
Date: Friday, April 16th
Time: 2:00 - 4:00 PM (approximately)
Location: Zoom Meeting instructions will be emailed closer to the date of the program.
Registration Deadline: Thursday, April 15th
Cost: This program’s cost is intended to be “pay what you wish”. As a non-profit organization, we are proud to serve international students and scholars in the New York area, and as we navigate these challenging times, we would be immensely grateful for any support you can give. Click here to donate. Thank you!
Contact: Marisa Silva, Director of Membership and Programs, here or (212) 431-1195
*This program is generously sponsored by the Harold S. Geneen Charitable Trust.