Join us for the first of two roundtable discussions on the importance of responsible corporate management and best practices in the field. At each meeting, we will bring you different experts to share their professional experiences in the business world and facilitate a conversation on an important topic that impacts all of us as consumers, professionals, and global citizens. You will also have the unique opportunity to win a scholarship prize of up to $750 as part of your engagement in these sessions!
You must write an essay answering the question: "What is the number one corporate governance issue in your home country and how would you address it?"
- Your essay must be 900 words or less
- You don't need to submit an essay to attend this program, but you must attend at least one of the two sessions (second session date will be announced soon) in order to win the scholarship prize of either $750 for first place or $500 for second place - all made possible by the Harold S. Geneen Charitable Trust.
- You must submit your essay to Alexa Berry in PDF format at email@example.com by FRIDAY, APRIL 10TH, and include your name, contact information, field of study, university, and home country.
Our experts for the first meeting:
- Patrick Simonnet is the Managing Director - Chief Audit Executive at Bank of China. Mr. Simonnet has enjoyed a long career in banking and financial services, including roles as Global Head of Audit, Market Behavior & Conduct of Credit Suisse, Executive Director of Regulatory Change at JPMorgan Chase & Co., and the COO of Goldman Sachs in France. Mr. Simonnet is also the President of the Sciences Po Alumni Association in the U.S. and a Director of the Sciences Po Foundation.
- Michel Perez is President of MAPI LLC, a consulting firm specialized in financial compliance and is a consultant to Promontory Financial Group. He is also the Representative in the United States of Labex ReFi, (“Laboratoire d’Excellence en Regulation Financiere”) an Academic European Research Center on Financial Regulation and a Senior Fellow at New York University Law School in the Program on Corporate Compliance & Enforcement ("PCCE"), a member of ACAMS Faculty, an adjunct member of the European Affairs Commission of the New York City Bar Association and a JD candidate at the University of Paris I Sorbonne Pantheon. He teaches classes on Compliance in New York and Paris. Prior to joining Promontory, he worked in international banking for more than two decades.
Date: Friday, February 7th
Time: 2:30 - 5:30 PM (approximately)
Location: International House, Manhattan - meeting instructions will be sent closer to the date of the program
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, February 5th
Refreshments: A variety of light snacks will be provided throughout the program
Contact: Alexa Berry, Coordinator of Enrichment Programs, here or (212) 431-1195
*This program is generously sponsored by the Harold S. Geneen Charitable Trust.