Join us for two roundtable discussions on the importance of responsible corporate management and best practices in the field. At each meeting, we will bring you two different experts to share their professional experiences in the business world and facilitate a conversation on an important topic that impacts all of us as consumers, professionals, and global citizens. You will also have the unique opportunity to win a scholarship prize of up to $750 as part of your engagement in these sessions!
You must write an essay answering the question: "What is the number one corporate governance issue in your home country and how would you address it?"
- Your essay must be 900 words or less
- You don't need to submit an essay to attend this program, but you must attend at least one of the two sessions (second session date will be announced soon) in order to win the scholarship prize of either $750 for first place or $500 for second place - all made possible by the Harold S. Geneen Charitable Trust.
- You must submit your essay to Marisa Silva in PDF format at email@example.com by FRIDAY, APRIL 12TH, and include your name, contact information, field of study, university, and home country.
Our experts for the first meeting on March 15th includes:
- Charles Elson is the Edgar S. Woolard, Jr. Chair in Corporate Governance and the director of the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Delaware. He is a leading authority on corporate governance issues and his fields of expertise include executive compensation, corporate compliance, securities regulation, and corporate legal matters. Dr. Elson has written extensively on the subject of boards of directors and is a frequent contributor to various scholarly and popular publications. He served as Vice Chairman of the ABA Business Law Section's Committee on Corporate Governance and is currently a member of the Board of Directors of HealthSouth Corporation. He is also Of Counsel to Holland & Knight LLP.
- Michel Perez is the Representative in the U.S. of Labex ReFi, a French Research Center in Financial Regulation. Mr. Perez is also the past President of the U.S. Association of Sciences Po Alumni, a JD candidate at the University of Paris I Sorbonne Pantheon, a contributor to the Revue Trimestrielle de Droit Financier, and an international consultant on financial compliance matters for Promontory Financial Group.
Date: Friday, March 15th
Time: 12:00 - 3:00 PM (approximately)
Location: Project Farmhouse Grown NYC - meeting instructions will be emailed before the program.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, March 13th
Refreshments: A variety of food will be provided throughout the program.
Contact: Marisa Silva, Coordinator of Enrichment Programs, here or (212) 431-1195 ext. 32
*This program is generously sponsored by the Harold S. Geneen Charitable Trust.