"I love Cultural Cuisine dinners! It always amazes me how a large number of people from different countries, backgrounds, ethnicities and religions are breaking boundaries and finding a common ground to get acquainted."- Student from Iraq
We will be heading to Ariana in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood of Manhattan, a family-owned restaurant recommended by one of our Fulbright alumni from Afghanistan! This is a great chance to learn more about the vibrant and delicate flavors of Afghan food!
This menu has been specifically designed for One To World guests. All the dishes will be served family style.
Appetizers (Family Style)
- Bolani Kachalou (vegetarian): fried flat-bread filled with smashed potatoes and seasoned with herbs and spices, served with yogurt sauce
- Bolani Gandana: fried flat-bread filled with leeks, with or without meat, and seasoned with herbs and spices, served with yogurt sauce
Entrees (Family Style)
- Lamb Kofta Kebab: ground lamb meat, marinated in freshly grated spices, and broiled over wood charcoal
- Chicken Breast Kebab: boneless chicken breast, marinated in freshly grated spices, and broiled over wood charcoal
- Kabuli (vegetarian): brown basmati rice delicately seasoned with traditional spices and served with thin strips of carrots, raisins, and almonds
- Eggplant Curry (vegetarian): eggplant cooked with tomatoes, onions, fresh spices and herbs
- Spinach (vegetarian): cooked with fresh spices and herbs
- Salad (vegetarian): lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and dressing
Dessert (Family Style)
- Firnee: special cardamom-scented Afghan pudding studded with almonds and topped with pistachio nuts
Date: Monday, December 3rd
Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM (approximately)
Location: Ariana Afghan Kebob Restaurant, 787 Ninth Avenue (Between 52nd & 53rd Street)
Cost:* $27 (includes meal, tax, & tip)
Registration Deadline: Friday, November 30th
Contact: Romane Berti, Enrichment Programs Global Fellow, here or at (212) 431-1195 ext. 33
*All program fees are non-refundable.