In honor of United Nations Day, families in beautiful Mountain Lakes, New Jersey open their homes to international students for a weekend of American suburban hospitality and cultural exchange.
Schedule of Events
- We will meet as a group in Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan and take a private bus to Mountain Lakes, NJ where we will match you with your host family for the weekend.
- There will be a small reception with fall-themed treats to welcome students to the community and introduce you to your hosts before departing for afternoon activities with your family.
- In the past, hosts have taken their students on a town tour, boating on the lake, hiking, pumpkin picking, and more!
- On Saturday evening, all of the host families and international students will come back together for a community potluck and game night, which is one of the most enjoyable parts of the weekend.
- You will enjoy the morning and afternoon with your host family and participate in the different activities they have planned such as a group brunch, pumpkin carving, corn mazes, a local church service, etc.
- You will meet the rest of the international students back at the bus and travel back to Manhattan together as a group.
Date: Saturday, October 13th - Sunday, October 14th
Time: 10:30 AM on October 13th - 6:00 PM on October 14th
Location: Mountain Lakes, New Jersey (We will meet in Manhattan and travel to New Jersey as a group. Meeting instructions will be emailed closer to the program date.)
Cost:* $25 + roundtrip bus ticket that you buy on October 13th (approximately $22)
Registration Deadline: Monday, October 8th
Contact: Marisa Silva, Coordinator of Enrichment Programs, here or (212) 431-1195 ext. 32.
*Program fees are non-refundable