Join us for our very last Cultural Cuisine of the academic year! Reminisce about your time in New York City with fellow international students over delicious Turkish food. We will be heading to Galata in Midtown Manhattan, which was recommended by one of our Fulbright scholars from Turkey.
Turkish food is rooted in Ottoman cuisine and the culinary traditions have survived over 1,300 years, influencing dishes from Central Asia and the Middle East to Eastern Europe, and Balkans. Kick off the summer season with delicious Mediterranean dishes at a discounted price!
This menu has been specifically designed for One To World guests.
Appetizers (Family Style)
- Mixed Mezze Platter (vegetarian): Variety of traditional dips and salads including hummus (creamy chickpea dip), baba ganoush (eggplant dip with tahini, yogurt, garlic, and olive oil), ezme (spicy tomato dip), lebni (yogurt mixed with dry mint, butter, and garlic), smoked eggplant salad, and fried eggplant cubes with tomato sauce; served with Turkish bread
Entrees (Choose One)
- Mixed Vegetable Casserole (vegetarian): Sautéed potatoes, carrots, zucchini, eggplant, white onion, red and green peppers, and garlic with light tomato sauce; served with rice
- Falafel Plate (vegetarian): Eight pieces of falafel (fried balls made of ground chickpeas seasoned with onions, scallions, and spices), served on a bed of hummus with grilled tomato, grilled pepper, house salad, and drizzled on tahini sauce
- Lamb Doner Kebab: Fresh ground lamb marinated in the restaurant's secret blend of seasonings, cooked on a rotating spit, then thinly sliced; served with rice and salad
- Lamb Adana Kebab: Hand chopped lamb mixed with red bell peppers and seasoning grilled on a skewer; served with rice and house salad
- Chicken Shish Kebab/Tavuk Sis: Marinated cubes of chicken, grilled on a skewer; served with rice and house salad
- Chicken Adana Kebab/Tavuk Adana: Ground chicken flavored with red bell peppers, parsley, seasoned, and paprika and grilled on skewers; served with rice and salad
- Grilled Meatballs/Kasap Kofte: Well-seasoned mixture of ground lamb and beef; served with rice and french fries
- Stuffed Cabbage/ Lahana Dolmasi: Cabbage leaves stuffed with ground lamb, rice, fresh dill, and seasoning; served with garlic yogurt sauce
Dessert (Family Style)
- Baklava (national dessert): Thin layers of phyllo dough filled with cinnamon, honey, and walnuts
- Sekerpare: Soft cookies made with semolina and powdered sugar, baked and soaked in syrup
- Kalburabasti: Soft cookies with walnuts, baked and soaked in syrup
Time: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM (approximately)
- Choice of one soft drink: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Ginger Ale
Location: Galata Restaurant, 212 East 34th Street, NYC 10016
Cost:* $26 (includes meal, tax, & tip)
Registration Deadline: Monday, June 4th
Contact: Estelle Kembola, Enrichment Programs Global Fellow, here or at (212) 431-1195 ext. 33
*All program fees are non-refundable.