FOR TICKETS TO BAVARIA BIER HAUS RESTAURANT FOR TUESDAY, JANUARY 30TH PLEASE CLICK HERE!
Join us for our first Cultural Cuisine of the spring semester! We will be enjoying German cuisine in Lower Manhattan at Bavaria Bier Haus! This region of southeastern Germany is influenced by the flavors of Austria and Switzerland, so we will have the chance to sample from a variety of countries on this adventure to Central Europe!
This menu has been specifically designed for One To World guests.
Appetizers (Choose One)
- Goat Cheese & Cranberry Salad: Baby arugula salad with kale, goat cheese, and light sherry vinaigrette
- Mediterranean Salad: Romaine lettuce with feta cheese, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, and lemon-oregano vinaigrette
- Kale-Romaine Caesar Salad: Kale and Romaine lettuce with German pretzel crisps, shaved parmesan cheese, and Caesar dressing
Entrees (Choose One)
- Schnitzel with Mushroom Sauce (select between chicken or pork): Thinned and fried meat, coated with flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs, served with sweet potato fries or truffle mashed potatoes
- Vegetarian "Schnitzel" with Mushroom Sauce: Mixed sautéed vegetables topped with a flavorful mushroom sauce, served with sweet potato fries or truffle mashed potatoes
- Turkey Cranberry Croissant: Tasty croissant filled with turkey, lettuce, crispy bacon, tomatoes, and cranberry mayonnaise, served with fries, house salad, or sauerkraut
- Grilled Chicken: Served with saffron rice, a tomato-onion sauce, and a cucumber salad
- Corned Beef: Salt-cured beef slices served with saffron rice, a tomato-onion sauce, and a cucumber salad
- Sausage Plate: Choice of two - veal, pork, or smoked pork sausages - served with braised cabbage and apples, potato salad, and sauerkraut
Dessert (One of each)
- Pear and Apple Tart: Served with vanilla ice cream
- German Carrot Cake: Served with vanilla ice cream
Drinks (Choose One)
- Hot Cocoa: Hot chocolate beverage made with cocoa powder, milk, and topped with whipped cream
- Hot Cider: Fresh apple cider with pure maple syrup
Date: Tuesday, January 30th
Time: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM (approximately)
Location: Bavaria Bier Haus, 19 South William Street, NYC 10004
Cost:* $26 (includes meal, tax & tip)
Registration Deadline: Friday, January 26th
Contact: Estelle Kembola, Enrichment Programs Global Fellow, here or at (212) 431-1195 ext. 33
*All program fees are non-refundable.